Alameda County Citywise Homes Sales
Number of homes sold was analyzed for 17 cities.
- 12 cities saw a drop in volume compared to corresponding period in Feb 2014.
- Listings in 11 cities also saw a drop in volume in Feb 2015 compared to Jan 2015.
- On the flip side 7 cities saw an increase in volume in Feb 2015 compared to Feb 2014
- Total homes sold in Feb 2014 was 775, Jan 2015 was 701 and Feb 2015 was 665.
- Since Days on Market and SP/LP% are completely reflective of a sellers market, the drop can most likely be attributed to lack of inventory.
Alameda County SP/LP%
- 9 out 10 cities evaluated had sales closings over asking price in the month of Feb 2015.
- The situation was same in Feb 2014. with 9 out of 10 cities having sales over asking.
- The average SP/LP % ( Sales Price/List Price %) in Feb 2014 was 102.35% and average SP/LP% in Feb 2015 was 104.11%.
- Overall: The market reflected a shortage of inventory and a sellers market with buyers overbidding to land contracts.
Alameda Citywise Days on Market ( DOM)
- 9 out of 18 cities took less time to sell, as compared to Feb 2014.
- Alameda (36), Piedmont (29) and Pleasanton (47) listings sold in 50 or less days.
- Dublin (85), El Sobrante (81), Hayward (87), San Leandro (98), San Lorenzo (83) and Sunol (288) took 80 days or more to sell.
- All other cities sold between 51-79 days.
- The average days on market last Feb 2014 was 83 days .This moved down to 79 days in Feb 2015.
Alameda County Citywise Average Prices
- Citywise Average sales price was analysed for 11 cities in Alameda county for last 1 year.
- Listings in 8 cities saw a price increase in Feb 2015 compared to last Feb 2014.
- However, Berkeley, Castro Valley, Dublin, Fremont, Livermore, Newark, San Leandro and Union City saw small price “cool offs" compared to previous month of Jan 2015.
- Average price in Feb 2014 was $677,384. Average price in Feb 2015 was higher at $678,454. Average price in Jan 2015 was $705,457.