Contra Costa County Citywise Report for December 2014
The actual numbers show homes sold in Dec 2014 was less than Dec 2013.However, looking closely at the Sales Price/List Price % and Days on market shows that the market is very much a sellers market.Buyers were chasing less inventory and offering way over asking prices to get into contract.It took less days to sell a home as compared to Dec 2013.
Contra Costa County Citywise Homes Sales
Number of homes sold was analyzed for 24 cities.
- 11 cities saw a drop or equal in volume compared to corresponding period in Dec 2013.
- 11 cities also saw a drop or equal in volume in Dec 2014 compared to Nov 2014.
- On the flip side 15 cities saw an increase or equal in volume in Dec 2014 compared to Dec 2013.
- Total homes sold in Dec 2013 was 967, Nov 2014 was 945 and Dec 2014 was 966.
- Overall: No major change in number of units sold.
Contra Costa County Cities
- 9 out of 24 cities evaluated had sales closings at over asking price in Dec 2014.
- The situation was different in Dec 2013 with 13 out of 24 cities havings sales over asking.
- Average SP/LP % ( Sales Price/List Price %) in Dec 2013 was 99.93% and average SP/LP% in Dec 2014 was 100.27%.
- Overall: Buyers offered over asking price,due to lack of inventory.
Contra Costa Cities Days on Market ( DOM)
- Listings in 18 of 26 cities reviewed took equal or less time to sell, as compared to listings sold in Dec 2013.
- Listings in Brentwood (110), Discovery Bay (127), Orinda (116) and Richmond (100) took more than 100 days to sell.
- All other cities fell between an average between 50-99 days.
- The average listing days last Dec 2013 was 92 Days. This moved down to 81 Days in Dec 2014.
Contra Costa County Citywise Average Prices
- Citywise Average sales price was analysed for 24 cities in Contra Costa county for last 1 year.
- All cities except Rodeo saw a price increase in Dec 2014 compared to last December 2013.
- However, Alamo, Antioch, Blackhawk, Danville, Discovery Bay, Lafayette, Moraga, Oakley, San Pablo and San Ramon saw small price drops compared to previous month of Nov 2014.
- Average price in Dec 2013 was $543,699. Average price in Dec 2014 was a higher at $591,090.