Contra Costa County Citywise Homes Sales
Number of homes sold was analyzed for 23 cities.
- 17 cities saw a drop or equal in volume compared to corresponding period in Feb 2014.
- 11 cities also saw a drop in volume in Feb 2015 compared to Jan 2015.
- On the flip side 8 cities saw an increase or equal in volume in Feb 2015 compared to Feb 2014.
- Total homes sold in Feb 2014 was 773, Jan 2015 was 696 and Feb 2015 was 644.
- Noticeable trends were lack of inventory,buyer cool off and a comparatively stable pricing compared to Feb 2014.
Contra Costa County Cities
- 10 out of 23 cities evaluated had sales closings at over asking price in Feb 2015.
- The situation was different in Feb 2014 with 18 out of 21 cities havings sales over asking.
- Average SP/LP % ( Sales Price/List Price %) in Feb 2014 was 101.41% and average SP/LP% in Feb 2015 was 101.40%.
Contra Costa Cities Days on Market ( DOM)
- Listings in 9 of 25 cities reviewed took equal or less time to sell, as compared to listings sold in Feb 2014.
- Listings in Crockett (146), Lafayette (114), Orinda (109 and Rodeo (104) took more than 100 days to sell.
- All other cities fell between an average between 50-99 days.
- The average listing days last Feb 2014 was 80 Days. This moved up to 84 Days in Feb 2015.
Contra Costa County Citywise Average Prices
- Citywise Average sales price was analysed for 23 cities in Contra Costa county for last 1 year.
- 19 cities out 23 saw a price increase in Feb 2015 compared to last Feb 2014.
- However, Antioch, Baypoint, Blackhawk, Clayton, El Cerrito, Hercules, Martinez, Pinole and Pleasant Hill saw small price drops compared to previous month of Jan 2015.
- Average price in Feb 2014 was $677,384. Average price in Feb 2015 was higher at $678,454.