Contra Costa County Citywise Homes Sales
Number of homes sold was analyzed for 25 cities.
- 16 cities saw a drop or equal in volume compared to corresponding period in Jan 2014.
- 23 cities also saw a drop in volume in Jan 2015 compared to Dec 2014.
- On the flip side 10 cities saw an increase or equal in volume in Jan 2015 compared to Jan 2014.
- Total homes sold in Jan 2014 was 716, Dec 2014 was 1024 and Jan 2015 was 618.
- Though we have seen many past months of increasing sales, Jan 2015 was definitely not the same. Since Days on Market and SP/LP% are completely reflective of a sellers market, the drop can be attributed to lack of inventory.
Contra Costa County Cities
- 7 out of 21 cities evaluated had sales closings at over asking price in Jan 2015.
- The situation was different in Jan 2014 with 10 out of 21 cities havings sales over asking.
- Average SP/LP % ( Sales Price/List Price %) in Jan 2014 was 98.87% and average SP/LP% in Jan 2015 was 98.98%.
- Overall: Buyers offered over asking price,due to lack of inventory.
Contra Costa Cities Days on Market ( DOM)
- Listings in 12 of 25 cities reviewed took equal or less time to sell, as compared to listings sold in Jan 2014.
- Listings in Antioch(106), Baypoint(105), Blackhawk(120), Discovery Bay(130) and Oakley(123) took more than 100 days to sell.
- All other cities fell between an average between 50-99 days.
- The average listing days last Jan 2014 was 91 Days. This moved down to 83 Days in Jan 2015.
Contra Costa County Citywise Average Prices
- Citywise Average sales price was analysed for 25 cities in Contra Costa county for last 1 year.
- 20 cities out 25 saw a price increase in Jan 2015 compared to last Jan 2014.
- However, Alamo, Brentwood, Danville, Diablo, Discovery Bay, El Cerrito, Kensington, Lafayette, Pinole, Pittsburg, Pleasant Hill, Richmond and Walnut Creek saw small price drops compared to previous month of Dec 2014.
- Average price in Jan 2014 was $611,088. Average price in Jan2015 was a higher at $654,617.