Countywise Homes Sales
Number of homes sold was analyzed for 7 Counties.
- All Counties except Monterey saw a drop in volume compared to corresponding period in Jan 2015.
- All Counties also saw a drop in volume in Jan 2015 compared to Dec 2014.
- Average Homes Sold in Jan 2015 was 2,435 compared to Average Homes Sold of 2,996 in Jan 2014
- 3 out 7 counties evaluated had sales closings over asking price in the month of Jan 2015.
- The situation was similar in Jan 2014 with 3 out of 7 cities having sales over asking.
- Average SP/LP% was 101.12% compared to 99.80% in Jan 2014.
Countywise Days on Market ( DOM)
- Listings in 6 counties out of 7 counties reviewed took less time to sell, as compared to listings sold in Jan 2014.The gainers were Alameda (78), Contra Costa (83), Monterey (94), San Mateo (77), Santa Clara (75) and Santa Cruz (95).
- Listings in Contra Costa County (83), Monterey County (94), San Benito (155) and Santa Cruz County (95) took 80 or more days to sell
- All other counties fell between an average between 51-79 days.
- Average DOM in Jan 2015 was 85 days compared to Average DOM of 98 days in Jan 2014.
Countywise Average Prices
- Countywise Average sales price was analysed for 7 Counties for last 1 year.
- Listings in 4 Counties saw a price increase in Jan 2015 compared to last Jan 2014.
- All Counties except Alameda County saw a drop in price compared to previous month of Dec 2014.
- Average Sales price in Jan 2015 was $990,096 compared to Average Sales Price of $857,555 in Jan 2014.