Monterey County Citywise Homes Sales
Number of homes sold was analyzed for 11 cities.
- 8 cities saw an increase in volume compared to corresponding period in Jan 2014.
- 9 cities saw a drop in volume in Jan 2015 compared to Dec 2014.
- On the flip side 3 cities saw a drop in volume in Jan 2015 compared to Jan 2014.
- Total homes sold in Jan 2014 was 167, Dec 2014 was 216 and Jan 2015 was 174.
Monterey County SP/LP%
- Every City except Del Rey Oak, Greenfield and Prunedale had sales closings below asking price in the month of Jan 2015.
- The situation was similar in Jan 2014. Every city except Del Rey Oak, Gonzales, Greenfield and Salinas had sales below asking price.
- The average SP/LP % ( Sales Price/List Price %) in Jan 2014 was 97.80% and average SP/LP% in Jan 2015 was 97.46%.
Monterey Cities Days on Market ( DOM)
- Listings in 11 cities out of 18 cities reviewed took less time to sell, as compared to listings sold in Jan 2015.
- Listings in Castro Ville (36), Del Rey Oak (45), and Prunedale (50) took 50 or less days to sell.
- Listings in Carmel (131), Carmel by the sea (121), Carmel Valley (181), Monterey (155), Pacific Grove (111), Pebble Beach (163) and Seaside (120) took 100 or more days to sell.
- All other cities fell between an average between 49-99 days
- The average listing days in Monterey County last Jan 2014 was 138 Days. This moved down to 94 Days in Jan 2015.
Monterey County Citywise Average Prices
- Citywise Average sales price was analysed for 11 cities in Monterey county for last 1 year.
- Listings in 6 cities saw a price increase in Jan 2015 compared to last Jan 2014.
- However, Listings in 8 Cities saw small price drops compared to previous month of Dec 2014.
- Average price in Jan 2014 was $661,179. Average price in Jan 2015 was at $650,310.