Santa Cruz – San Benito County Citywise Homes Sales
Number of homes sold was analyzed for 9 cities.
- All cities except San Juan Bautista saw a drop in volume compared to corresponding period in Jan 2014.
- All cities also saw a drop or equal in volume in Jan 2015 compared to Dec 2014.
- On the flip side San Juan Bautista saw an increase in volume in Jan 2015 compared to Jan 2014
- In Santa Cruz County the total homes sold in Jan 2014 was 146, Dec 2014 was 167 and Jan 2015 was 103.
- In San Benito County the total homes sold in Jan 2014 was 43, Dec 2014 was 52 and Jan 2015 was 32.
Santa Cruz – San Benito County Cities
- Every city except Scotts Valley had sales closings below asking price in Jan 2015.
- The situation was similar in Jan 2014.Every City had sales below asking price.
- In Santa Cruz average SP/LP % ( Sales Price/List Price %) in Jan 2014 was 97.30% and average SP/LP% in Jan 2015 was 99.51%.
- In Santa Benito average SP/LP % ( Sales Price/List Price %) in Jan 2014 was 99.23% and average SP/LP% in Jan 2015 was 96.47%.
- Overall: Even though Sales Price/List Price % was below asking , we did see an upward movement compared to last year.
Santa Cruz – San Benito Cities Days on Market ( DOM)
- Listings in 9 cities out of 15 cities reviewed took less time to sell, as compared to listings sold in Jan 2014.
- Listing in City of Seacliff (31) took 50 or less days to sell.
- Listing in City of Aptos(111), Aromas(194), Capitola(100), Corralitos(109), Felton(129), Hollister(151), Le Selva Beach(174), San Juan Bautista(121) and Santa Cruz(100) took 100 or more days to sell.
- All other cities maintained an average between 51-99 days.
- The average listing days last Jan 2014 was 117 days in Santa Cruz County. This moved down to 95 Days in Jan 2015.
- The average listing days last Jan 2014 was 99 Days in San Benito County. This moved up to 155 Days in Jan 2015.
Santa Cruz – San Benito County Citywise Average Prices
- Citywise Average sales price was analysed for 12 cities in San Cruz County and San Benito County for last 1 year.
- Listings in 8 Cities saw a price increase in Jan 2015 compared to last Jan 2014.
- However, Listings in 10 Cities saw small price drops compared to previous month of Dec 2014.
- In Santa Cruz County average price in Jan 2014 was $543,742. Average price in Jan 2015 was significantly higher at $682,128.
- In Santa Benito County average price in Jan 2014 was $259,658. Average price in Dec 2014 was at $465,985.